Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Pain Management?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Pain Management?

Is this the only answer you guys get from your doctor? I have been having RUQ pains for 7+ years, had my gallblader (gallbladder) removed last May. Still having bad pains. Been on medical leave for over a month now and doctors can't find anything so the sent me to pain management. Is that there answer when they don't know what is going on? Pain management doesn't even help. I go to a gastro tomorrow I hope he has some answers for me. Can anyone tell me what to expect for a 1st time visit to a gastro?
The gastro doctor will have a questionnaire for you to fill out.  Then he will review your answers and from there he might ask you some questions or order some test to be done.  I had my gallbladder out last April and continued to have pain in my right side.  After having an ERCP done in November and getting pancreatitis, I was put on digestive enzymes.  I've not had any more pains as long as I remember to take the digestive enzymes BEFORE I eat.  So you might want to ask the gastro doctor if digestive enzymes would help you.  Best of luck!
what are the meds called that you take for digestive enzmes?
The Digestive Enzymes that I take are called Panakote.  There are several different ones out on the market but this is the one that my doctor prescribed for me.
What symptoms does the Panakote help prevent ?
Did you ever try vitamins or DGL?
Does your G.I. explain why you suffer with pain in your stomach and or Do you have trouble with meals and heartburn ?
After 8 months I am so hungry and pooped.
Appreciate your help
Hi - Panakote helps my stomach with the digestive enzymes no longer produced/stored by my gallbladder.  After having my gallbladder removed in April I continued to have pains in my right side.  The digestive enzymes have helped immensly.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.