Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Pain in appendix area

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Pain in appendix area

Occasionally, and I have no idea why, I experience sharp pains just under and to the right of my appendix area.  My appendix was taken out as a child.  This almost feels like a cramp of some kind. I am experiencing a terrible one right now. I am trying to "stretch" that side of my body - as I would do with a leg cramp. I did have a spinal fusion of the C5 and C6 vertebrae 16 months ago. It has been confirmed that I am now experiencing nerve damage problems to the right side of my body. Couuld this have anything to do with it?  I've also had gynecolocigal and other tests and they have shown nothing. Do you have any idea what is causing this very severe intermittent pain in this area?
I was just wondering if you hadd your gallbladder checked out? If it is your gallbladder I have an excellent suggestion for you. Write me and tell me what you find out.
I have had similar pain, and it could be 2 things, an ovarian cyst or a bladder or urinary tract infection. Mine was caused by an ovarian cyst, which in turn caused menstrual problems, so I was placed on birth control pills to regulate it. The cyst eventually burst (and it hurt), and I haven't had the pain since, and I stopped taking birth control pills. Have you had an ultrasound to rule out the cysts, or maybe urine tests to rule out infections? And, by any chance, have you had your tubes tied? I had mine tied, and have talked to a few other people who have had their's tied, and they have had cysts also. I hope this helps you in some way.