Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Pain in chest area
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pain in chest area

My 43 year old son-in-law has chest pain in the area of his heart on a regular basis. This pain is aleviated by drinking cold liquids. Past exams have not shown any heart problems. Could this be a reflux problem? Thank you for your help.
Related Discussions
0 Comments
Blank
I am not a doctor but does he realize his stomach sits just below the heart? slightly off center and to the left like the heart does? The reason I say this is I went to the emergency room very recently and thought I was having some form of heart attack and it was gerd/and possibly and ulcer attack. If he has been checked out by ths docs for heart problems have him try taking some Mylanta or Maalox when the pain occurs. I and getting a scope to see if I have an ulcer next week. He wouldn't be taking any type of anxiety/depression med would he? like ativan or some form of ssri? these can cause gastro issues also.

hope he feels better Greg
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity