Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Pain in chest area

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Pain in chest area
My 43 year old son-in-law has chest pain in the area of his heart on a regular basis. This pain is aleviated by drinking cold liquids. Past exams have not shown any heart problems. Could this be a reflux problem? Thank you for your help.
I am not a doctor but does he realize his stomach sits just below the heart? slightly off center and to the left like the heart does? The reason I say this is I went to the emergency room very recently and thought I was having some form of heart attack and it was gerd/and possibly and ulcer attack. If he has been checked out by ths docs for heart problems have him try taking some Mylanta or Maalox when the pain occurs. I and getting a scope to see if I have an ulcer next week. He wouldn't be taking any type of anxiety/depression med would he? like ativan or some form of ssri? these can cause gastro issues also.

hope he feels better Greg