Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Pain in lower right groin and back.

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Pain in lower right groin and back.

I have had pains below my lower right rib cage and lower right back for 3 months now. The pain has been constant in the front and ocassionally  in the lower right back. I have muscle ache and tension. Also, my stools have been very inconsistent, going from diarehha to normal. I have had a bit of an unusual weight gain in the last 6 months (was 180lbs. - now 198lbs.) but I am not eating more or changed my diet in any way. I have not noticed any blood in the stool or urine. I have been having occasional hot flashes and some dizziness and occasional light-headedness with seeing "stars" occasionaly. Another pain dually persists in the area to the slight upper right of the base of the penis (about 4" away). It is a constant dull pain. There is also a slight swolen appearance. Both painful areas are tender to press on. I am 35 years old and have been in good health my entire life. I had so many tests: CT with dye, CT without dye, exray, stool, blood (don't know exactly what blood tests - but quite a few) and urine. All my tests (to my amazement) come up negative, yet the pain persists. The doctors all feel that I am fine and healthy?? PLEASE, PLEASE HELP with some suggestions. I am so very frustrated and scared!
PLEASE FORGIVE FOR MY SPELLING,I AM 39 AND AT 35 I STARTED SUFFERING THE SAME SYM.THAT YOU ARE MENTIONING.I FOUND OUT THROUGH A HOSPITAL STAY THAT I HAD DIVERTICULTIS,BEING A OPEN PLACE IN MY COLON,WITCH WAS NOT PAINFUL UNTIL IT BECAME INFECTED THUS,PAIN IN BACK UNDER RIBS(KIDNEY)GROING ,TESTICAL,PIAN AT BELT LINE ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER.COLD SWEATS,LIGHT HEADED,EVEN STARS.IDONT EAT VERY GOOD BUT AM ABLE TO CONTROL IT GETTING INFLAMED BY TAKING FIBER (CITRACELL OR FIBER TAB.)IT KEEPS YOU SLICK.WHAT I DO WHEN I START THE FIRST SIGNS OF ALL OF ABOVE IS TAKE A FLEET LAXATIVE (PHOSPHO-SODA)CLEANS YOUR SYSTEM OUT IN A HURRY REMOVING ANY THING RUBBING ON IT.AT THIS POINT YOU NEED SOME ANTIBOITICS.
ASK YOUR DR ABOUT THAT POSSIBILITY
grafix,

I have  similiar problem. I am 35 and I was in good health till this January. I had taken some over the counter cold medicine for cough and it broke my gastric balance. I had severe burning inside and the pain on the right side. I went to seveal doctors and  all of then told me it was GERD. Finally I went to a specialist and he has suggested me to take endoscopy colonoscopy,CT of abdomen and pelvis,Ultrasound of gall bladder.
Before contacting him I thought it was something to do with the Gall bladder and used the Olive oil gall flush. To my suprise, I flushed lot of green stones. After which I do not have much pain on the right side, but the burning sensation and cold sweat on the right side continues. I would be taking all these tests and look for the feed back.

One way i practice to clean up my system is I drik 3-4 cups of water early in the morning as soon as I wake up. This would cleanse my entire colon, after which I have my breakfast. This really helps.