Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Pain in stomach and liver when I eat.

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Pain in stomach and liver when I eat.

Recently I went to the my primary care physician for what I thought were flu like symptoms.  Actually the symptoms I gave her were the symptoms for Hep C, fatigue, joint pain, nausea, liver pain, synus pain and a sore throat.  She sent me for a LFT.  The SGPT was 140 and the SGOT was 51.  Three days later they dropped to 110 and 49.  Two weeks later dropped to 90 and 47.  The EOS is also high, five times the value it should be. Three days prior to the first test I took 800mg of advil. Tested Neg for parasites, Anemia and Hep B & C as well as the Ultra Sound was negative.  Hep A showed up because I had a Hep A shot series.  My current problem is still fatigued, pain in upper stomach when I eat as well as pain in the liver.  The pain does not double me over but is uncomfortable.  Any ideas on what it could be?  I am going to see a Gastro Specialist on Friday.
I always will have diarrhea or am constipated. The stomach pain is in the area of the diaphram and liver pain is above the belt line on my right side.
Possibly Fatty Liver or non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis.  I recommend cutting out all hydrogenated oils from your diet.  It worked for me.  I had the dull pain in my right side with slightly elevated liver enzymes showing up on the blood tests.  My docotr recommended a low fat diet.  After reading about the different kinds of fat I decided that it was time to cut out all of the partially hydrogenated and hydrogenated oils from my diet.  It really worked for me.  My cholesterol and liver enzymes have returned to the normal range.  I feel so much better.  And I lost 20 pounds.

Please tell me how to do this or make some suggestions, really not to sound ignorant,but I'am, when it comes to fats!! What do you eat!! What kind of oil do you use?? What about margerine do you use that heart smart stuff??  Thanx..georgie