Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Pain,nausea,lightheaded

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Pain,nausea,lightheaded

I'm a 39 yo female, with no significant med or surgical hx.I exercise daily and eat a well-balanced diet.I am about 15 pounds overweight  and have 4 kids.

I started having nausea on last week ( Sat) continued to Sun, got better by the evening.
I did not have an appetite, but my stomach felt empty and hungry.

THis has continued throughout the week...

I have had on and off nausea/upper abdominal pain ( I actually loosen the top of my pants because where it lays, hurts on my stomach)

I have had loose stool, not more than 2 /day, no mucous,no blood...

And I have been lightheaded, too...

My stomach feels empty, it growls/gurgles sometimes, and it just has pain, or I'm nauseous...

It's just all day, on and off...Today has been the worst, but I wouldn't say that it has been escalating, it's just been the same all week.

I've tried pepto, mylanta, peppermint tea, BRAT diet, and just about anything to take that pain/nausea away.
I don't know if I'm losing weight, but I do know that I am not eating normally, and I really don't have an appetite.

Food doesn't make it worse, and it may even temporaily make it better.

I should note that I stopped taking Levaquin last week-took 4 doses, then saw the ENT who said that I didn't have an infection, but had swollen turbinates-I have a sinus CT scheduled for next week.

I am fearful of ovarian cancer because everything that I read says that these are the symptoms, but I've only had them for a week. Could this be so quickly?

I had a gyn exam in August and everything was fine, also had a CA-125 blood test a couple of years ago ( 2) and it was negative.

Please let me know what you think....I'm so worried.

I do have an MD appointment for next week, but I just don't know how much longer I can take this feeling.

Thanks,
J
The can be several causes for persistant nausea.  This can include GERD, ulcers, gallstones, or inflammation of the upper digestive tract.

You can consider an upper GI series or upper endoscopy as well as an ultrasound to evaluate these possibilities.  

If negative, you can consider a gastric emptying scan to evaluate for the possibility of gastroparesis.  

If ovarian cancer is a concern, a transvaginal ultrasound to image the ovaries can be discussed.

These options can be considered with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
or hector pylori bacteria
could it be possible that taking a Prilosec could alleviate my symptoms??

I took one earlier today, and my stomach is starting to feel normal again?
Is that possible?
I have chronic sinus problems and nausea accompanies it - it gets to when the atmospheric pressure rise, the more nauseous I get. If Priolesec works, keep using it for a while. You might want to take some probiotics /acidolpholis for a while to keep beneficial bacteria in your gut. Keep a humidifier on if you live in a dry climate for the turbinates. I hope you feel better soon.
what about gastritis??
Does it sound like that?
did you take the over the counter Prolosec?
one tablet is only 10 mg,if it makes you feel better,then your problem could be coming from your stomach.
You can test for h pylori bacteria in doctor office,thru a  breath test.
Hector Pylori bacteria is usually from contaminated food and water.
jfem, did you ever find out what your problems were?  I have a lot of the same symptoms as you