Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Pain on lower left side and constipation

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Please help me.  I have been have strong pains on my left side.  More severe when I can't have a bowel movement.  I have been taking metamucil everyday (along with a full cup of fiber one and cheerios everyday)  Increase veggies and fruit.  Just enough to make it possible for me to go.  My uterus has dropped.  I went to my gyn. doctor.  She took ultrasounds and said around ovaries and in bowel loops was filled with fluid and needed to go look right away.  She drained all the fluid and sent it out for bacterial testing.  Neg.  She said ovaries look fine.  Everything was great.  Except the pain didn't go away.  Now,  She decides it is something hormonal and gave me lupron depot (to put me into menapause)  3 months later....  I am still in pain.  I went away for a weekend and didn't eat the cereals.  Could not go at all.I took a stool softener.  Nothing passed but some drops of bloody mucus. Now seeing a gastro specialist.  I have a colonoscapy set up for end of next month.  The pain now feels like it is also on the right...kind of a burning achey (achy) feeling.  I have very small bm's at least once a day. my right side gushing with watery sounds.(I feel it move and it will even gurgle into the small of my back).  Please help me.  Has this happened to anyone? This has been going on since Feb.  I can't take it anymore.....Help.
Hi, I have all the exact same symptoms as you.I have had every test under the sun done, I'm still searching.  No one knows what I'm talking about with the watery sounds and the burning inside.  My e-mail is ***@****.  Let's keep in touch,  Maybe with the tons of drs., together we can find an answer and live our lives again.  This has been going on with me for two years now.  I'm  through being depressed now I just pray for patience.  Keep the faith.  God Bless, Kaya
A related discussion, what is pain in my left side lower area was started.