Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Pain on rigth side above waist in front and through to back on right si...

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Pain on rigth side above waist in front and through to back on right side

Sypmtoms for over a year.
Pain starts early AM while sleeping on right side through to back on right side.
I feel a pulling sensation when I move.
No matter what I eat, I feel pressure after eating in that area
I do not notice it as much during the daytime. SLIGHT nausa at times.No bowel change, No loss of appitite, still have energy but depressed because of these symptoms.
Perhaps three or four bladder infections this past year.
What testing can be done other than CT scans and what could this be? Been through much stress the past five years. Stress makes it worse, but this never ever goes away. Thanks so much for your time. I work for a chiropractor so, my spine area has been checked and all well in that area.
Blessing
Organizer
Possible causes can include gallbladder disease, appendicitis, irritable bowel syndrome, liver disease, an ulcer, or inflammation of the upper digestive tract.  

Non-GI causes can include kindey stones, a kidney infection or a musculoskeletal cause.  

With the association with food, an ultrasound is suggested to evaluate for gallstones.  If negative, you can consider an upper endoscopy or upper GI series to look for possible ulcers, GERD, or inflamamtion.

You can discuss these options with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
http://www.straightfromthedoc.com
I had numerous bladder infections and was finally referred for an IVP by a urologist. This test showed 2 large kidney stones in each kidney. One of these large stones was partially blocking the urether and that caused the pulling kind of pain you described.
I was shocked to find out it was kidney stones because I had always heard of the awful pain they cause.I never had that kind of pain, just the type you described.
I have had 2 lithotripsy treatments done on the left kidney and still need to have it done on the right one.