Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Pancreatic Cancer

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Pancreatic Cancer

What are the symptons of Pancreatic Cancer?

Is it possible to develop Pancreatic Cancer after having
Acute or Chronoic Pancreatis (pancreatitis)?

From the research I have done, the chances are greater of you getting Diabetes Mellitus, pancreatic tumors, pancreatic cancer, cystic fibrosis, if you have been diagnosed with and have chronic pancreatitis.  The symptoms of pancreatic cancer are similar to that of chronic pancreatitis except with jaundice (yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes) and dramatic weight loss.  Go to your favorite search engine and type in Pancreatic cancer and it should bring up some useful sites.  I use Yahoo! to research these things.
TazLady
Jaundice isn't necessarily a symptom of pancreatic cancer. It depends where the cancer is in the pancreas. My mother-in-law was diagnosed almost two years ago and didn't have any jaundice until her liver became involved, recently.  Her only symptoms were diarrhea and wieght loss. She didn't even have any pain. Unfortunately she put off going to the doctor for these symptoms for almost 6 months.
A related discussion, pancreatic cancer was started.