Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Parasite Questions

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Parasite Questions

Dear All,

I got sick 5 years ago on holiday in menorca and have had very little help from doctors here . I found out early on that the problem was mainly just bad nausea but since then it has caused prostate problems then finally very bad bowel spasms and bowel inflammation . Only thing i have had found is H Pylori but docs did find inflammed bowel later on but couldnt find a reason as i was neg crohns , UC , celiac etc so they put it down to ibs ! I am 29 and never had any health problems before this holiday . I still think it has something to do with contracting something in the water whilst over there and have since found that H Pylori is easily contracted on the island . However i do feel possibly i contracted something else but need to ask a few questions if someone can hep out on any i would be more than grateful .

Is it possible to have a parasite yet never have had diarrhea ?

Is it possible for a parasite or bad bacteria to cross from prostate to bowel or the other way round ?

I have small white freckles appear on arms and legs along with severe itching in these areas . Could this be parasitic possibly ?

I know about the CDSA stool tests but are there any specific bloods that may show signs of possible parasite ?

Many many thanks to all . I am in severe bowel spasm pains and very very weak as i type so any info truly would be wonderful.

Best health to all,

Jon
jonbhoy, For information in parasites and the inability of labs to pick them up and/or ignore them, check out all pages on the following website.  http://wbara.idx.com.au/dfragilis/links.htm
It's a very well researched site and the information is totally reliable.
Thanks Giig but that link just came up dead....can you give it a check and see if it works ?

Many thanks,

jon
I had been feeling sick to my stomach for months, so I went to a gastroenteroligist to try and find the problem. After many different meds. He found that I had a parasite in my intestine. I had an elogated colon and everything stayed in my body so long that it would make me sick.  They did do blood test but I don't remember the name. It seems like you could ask you doctor to recommend a good gastro. dr. and go from there.  Good luck hope you feel better.
Although this is an old link I thought it important to share a link that might help inform people about parasites. This is not for the light hearted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoDJuO1idvI

Understanding parasites and how they affect your body is key in taking the steps to doing something about it. I had a health scare 8 years ago and it was due to parasites. I found my answer in drnatura's colonix program. It is important that you recognize the importance of cleansing and your health. Being informed help me make a choice that has changed my life and given me my health back.