Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Paxil and Liver
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Paxil and Liver

I've been subscribed 10mg of Paxil per day....I only take 5mg most days....I've heard that one should not drink alcohol while taking Paxil...Can having just one beer or one glass of wine in the evening with dinner be of any concern for possible Liver damage ? I take the Paxil in the morning with breakfast and certainly don't have any intentions of drinking in the morning.

Would the alcohol this late in the day effect the way the drug is suppose to work...Anyone have any thoughs on this ?