Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Pea sized Hard Lump half inch inside anus.
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pea sized Hard Lump half inch inside anus.

Hello,

I have found a hard pea sized lump about a half inch inside on the wall of the anus. It does not seem to move and is hard. It is under the skin, perfectly round, hard, and smooth. It is on the side of the anus at the front of my body. There is really no pain. I do feel a little pressure at the present time.

I am 39 years old. I have had a history of blood showing up on toilet paper for about 20 years. I went to a doctor about 10 years ago and was told the bleeding was probably hemorrhoids. I have since left it at that.

I have read many posts on this issue. My question is; can this be a hemorrhoid with the description I gave? It doesn't sound like it. If it doesn't go away in a week I will go to the doctor. In the mean time I would like to know if this could be anything other then cancer? There is nothing else abnormal in the area.

Thank you very much for your time. I hope to hear something soon.