Pills that are hard on the liver
  I posted before-- I have AIH.  It was noted to be careful about some pills that could have adverse effects on the liver.  Of course the ones that come by prescription, I can ask a pharmacist, or my doc, but what about the "natural" stuff?  I'm thinking of several specifically-- St. John's Wort, Siberian Gensing, Milk Thistle, Choline and Inositol caps, and Brage Oil.  Most of these were recommended for MS, with the exception of Milk Thistle. And last question, during flare ups, my liver and abdomin tend to feel swollen (my clothes tend to agree).  What about fluid intake-- decrease, increase, or smaller amounts, or does it make a difference.  I'm sure livers don't explode, but it can sure feel that way.  Thanks again, and hope y'all also have time to sleep.

Posted by Dianne on July 30, 1998 at 00:15:17:

Dear Dianne:
I really appreciate the opportunity to talk about non-traditional medications or
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?