Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Post Gall Bladder Surgery lower back pain
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Post Gall Bladder Surgery lower back pain

I had my gall bladder removed four weeks ago after finding several stones on a sonogram. I have had quite nagging pain in my lower back. Has anyone else had the same problem, and how long did it last?  Did anything help it?
Related Discussions
0 Comments
Blank
I had my gallbladder removed 12/5/02, laproscoptic.  Everything went well.  Christmas Day was a big eating day but I didn't really go overboard, Honest!  But I think what I did eat has created a problem, rich foods, gravy,dressings. I'm wondering if what I ate and the digestive part has to do with NOT having a gallbladder??  

I've not been eating much since Christmas because everything I eat causes me nausea, pain just like I still had the gallbladder, cold sweats and just drains my strength.

I've not noticed any lower back pain.

I don't care what the doctor's say, I do believe our bodies have some adjustment to make after removal of an organ.  I'm wondering if the doctor should have instructed me about "new" eating habits ie: what to avoid, what would be healthful, etc.

Any ideas or similar experiences I'd love to hear about them, maybe your experience will help me.

Thanks
Blank
well when I spoke to my doctor he said it could take up to a year for your body to totally adjust to dealing without the gall bladder.  He said that there is a new chemical produced kinda like castor oil (a laxitive) that can upset your stomach.

I find I still can't eat dairy, but could be totally unrelated.  I find avoiding dairy prevents most of the discomfort.  Maybe something to try.

The other thing the doctor mentioned was that since the gall bladder does not produce bile, it just stores it, your body is still producing the same ammount of bile as before, it's just going right into your intestines.

Well.. keep me posted.
Blank
I had surgery 2/11/03. I have more digestive discomfort than I have ever had. I was fine the first 2 weeks and now it is bad. I do hope this goes away. It is worse than the pain with the bad gall bladder. Do you know of any medications that can help? I will keep you posted.
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979