Post gastrectomy bile reflux
My Billroth II was done in 1962.  A revision was done in 1966 with a retro-peristaltic segment installed.  In 1989 my gall bladder was removed.  

The bile-induced reflux and chronic gastritis are the hardest things for me to deal with.  In addition to Carafate I take  
Actigall, which I am told changes the character of the bile to something less corrosive.  It seems to help. (Things get worse when I stop taking it.)It is getting harder to deal with after nearly 40 years, rather than easier.  

With all the surgery what are the chances of success with a Roux modification and what are the probable new side effects?
Are there any other surgical alternatives?

Heath Boyer

I had a distal gastrectomy and roux-en-y surgery last March due to bile reflux which was caused from a previous gastroenterostomy to correct my delayed gastric emptying.  Anyway, one thing led to another.  There can be many side effects to this type of surgery including malabsorption of minerals and vitamins, nausea, dumping syndrome, diarrhea, and others.  I have experienced all of the above mentioned, but the dumping syndrome is improving.  I no longer have the chronic burning in my stomach which at times was awful and the nausea is usu. not as severe.  Am I better for having it done?  Probably a little.  Since you've already had a gastrectomy with a Billroth ll, you may not have as many side effects as most people.  Good luck!
You need to have a bile Diversion surgery. You may have to go to the Mayo Clinic or to Boston to find a surgeon that does this procedure.
A related discussion, on-going bile reflux after total gastrectomy was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?