Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Problems after Gastric Bypass surgery

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Problems after Gastric Bypass surgery

I had the stomach stapling surgery with a ring placed at the stomach opening five years ago. I am having trouble with the food becoming stuck in the ring and then I have to throw-up to get rid of it.
Has anyone had problems with their surgery like this/
Thanks!
Yes, I have that problem.  I have just learned to live with it.  And I have almost completely given up eating meat.  Actually, anything that could become stuck is off my diet.  I got some potassium pills stuck once.  One came up after 3 days and the other after 10 of the most horrible days of my life.  I could not even keep water down.  After 14 years, this is my way of life but it may be necessary for you to have your surgery reversed.  I would definitely ask my doctor.
I had my stomach stapled 14 years ago and i did have the same problem.
For 5 years i could not keep a meal down.
All my teeth rotted, i was tierd all the time and my hair became very thin.

One thing i did learn, it is not normal to throw-up all the time.

I became used to bringing up whatever i ate.
A friend watched me and made sure that i did not go to the bathroom after a meal.

I have not been sick for 5 years, when i stopped throwing up i relised that i just had to be careful what i ate and how much.

Please dont think that it is all a part of the procedure, in my case i relised that it was more a habit.

Now i feel great, even though i can not eat meat or Icecream after dinner.

It is nice to see that it isn't just me after all. Did either of you lose all the weight you wanted after the surgery? Or just some and plauteau out?
Thanks!
A related discussion, Pain and suffering was started.
A related discussion, Sick all the time was started.
A related discussion, Severe acid reflux following gastric bypass was started.
A related discussion, acid reflex and weight gain after a gastric bypas was started.