Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Question about test results
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Question about test results

Were do I start??  I had a very stressfull situation a year (sept 05)ago and started to have severe anxiety symtoms (symptoms) that included buzzing feeling all over my body, muscle aches and pain.  The reason for this stress is I had an extramarital affair and was so worried that I contracted some disease.  Most comments I have gotten have been the symptoms are anxiety related.  These symptoms have not gone away since then.  I have been on antidepressants and antianxiety meds for sometime with about 60% good effect.  I went about 6 months ago to my MD and he took some basic labs (cbc,chemistry's,thyroid,cpk,liver etc.)and it came back with an elevated ALT's of about 50 (H) and the alk phos was about 89 (still in normal range).  I had the test repeated 6 weeks later with same numbers (roughly).  The MD ordered an liver ultrasound and a hepatitis panel.  All came back negative including hep c (so this was 6 months after potential exposure).  No fatty liver and they also tested something to do with iron levels.  All normal.  I just this past week went to my MD again ( tired of muscle tightness soreness and thinking that I have some dreadful disease) to get evaluated again.  The MD ordered a lymes test, ANA, and thyroid and a liver panel again.  STill waiting for results but if they are the same (elevated ALT's), what do you suggest I do?  Would a Hep C test 6 months after the start of muscle aches be considered accurate?  I have a BMI of 29.8 so I am borderline obese and live a sedentary lifestyle.  I forgot, I also had a hepatitis C test (i believe it was a HCV-PCR test about 2 weeks after the "exposure" and was negative (it may have been just an anti-body test I can't remember and I know if it was an anti-hcv at 2 weeks it isnt accurate).  I also had a hepatitis B and A vaccination years ago.  If the test comes back the same results (alt) and my md say don't worry, should I pursue further testing?  Thanks in advance