Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Re: Abdominal Pain

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Re: Abdominal Pain

Posted By HFHSM.D.-rf on December 20, 1998 at 22:49:17:

In Reply to: Abdominal Pain posted by M Grand on December 10, 1998 at 22:20:22:

I am 32 years old, more than 50 lbs overweight and a non-smoker. For the last three weeks, I have had pain in the abdomen located in the area of the navel. The area is about the size of an open palm centered at the navel and extending downwards. About 25% of the time, there is no pain. About 25% of the time, it is Painful - not stabbing, but almost spastic. The rest of the time, it is a constant discomfort to the point where I want to clench my muscles or press on it.
I have no other obvious related symptoms - no diahrea, no problems with urination, no fever, no nausea.
My family history includes early hystorectomies, apendectomies (I'm the only one in my family left with one), a gallbladder infection and stones, and kidney stones (had one myself).
It does not seem to be effected by diet.
Any ideas what this is?
______
dear M grand,
the pain that you describe is very nonspecific and i would hesitate to make any suggestions.  My only suggestion is to consider small intestine disease because yu describe pain in the area of your navel, the location for small bowel pain
This information is presented for educational purposes only.  Ask specific questions to your personal physician.
HFHSM.D.-rf
8keywords; abdominal pain
0.1