Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Re: Acid stomach

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Re: Acid stomach

Posted By CATHY on May 08, 1999 at 00:22:13
: Topic Area: Digestive
I am a 30 year old woman with a history of gastitis, acid reflux disease and hiatal hernia for about 7 months now.  2 weeks ago I noticed blood in my stool, I went to the ER and they checked my blood and did a rectum.  They said the blood was normal and I didn't have any hemorroids (hemorrhoids).  I have an appointment to see a Dr. in 2 weeks.  My question is this, I had the flu last monday (10 days ago.) the throw up flu, and I can't seem to get over it.  I haven't thrown up but I keep feeling like I have to.  I have eaten very little.  I only weigh 105 pds. to begin with, so I can't afford to not eat.  I had the flu after I saw the blood on my stool.  I am a little concerned about cancer.  It doesn't run in my family.  Would you have no appetite and feel nausea with cancer.  Please let me know what you think.

Dear Ruth,
Gastroenteritis can cause the majority of symptoms of which you complain.  Statistically, cancer would be an unusual cause.  Nevertheless, if symptoms persist you should see a doctor.
This information is presented for educational purposes.  ASk specific questions to your personal physician.
HFHSM.D.-rf
*keywords: gastritis, reflux
0.1

RUTH, I AM SORRY TO TACK ONTO YOUR QUESTION BUT SINCE YOUR QUESTION AND MINE BOTH INVOLVE THE STOMACH AND THE INTESTINES, I HOPE THAT IT IS OKAY.
I HAD A GASTRIC STAPLING 13 YEARS AGO.  RECENTLY IN THE LAST 3 OR 4 YEARS I HAVE SUFFERED THROUGH SEVERAL HEALTH PROBLES, SUCH AS A
SEIZURE DISORDER, HYPOTHYROID, SLEEP APNEA, DAYTIME FATIGUE AND LATELY LOW LEVELS OF VIT. B-12.  I WAS TOLD THAT THE GASTRIC STAPLING COULD POSSIBLY
BE THE CAUSE OF MY B-12 PROBLEMS.  I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOME EXACT SYMPTOMS OF THINGS CAUSED BY THIS DEFICENCY.  I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE
MYELIN PART.  COULD IT BE THE CAUSE OF MY SEIZURE DISORDER AND OTHER RELATED PROBLEMS.  SINCE THE INTESTINES ABSORB THE B-12, HOW COULD THE STAPLING BE AFFECTING THAT?
I HAVE RCENTLY STARTED HAVE FINE MOTOR SKILL PROBLEMS SUCH AS SMALL JERKING OR TWITCHING IN MY HANDS.  IS THIS B-12 RELATED?  cOULD ALL MY PROBLEMS BE B=12 RELATED?
I CURRENTLY TAKE PRESCRIPTION FOLIC ACID, DILANTIN, ZOLOFT, SYNTHROID,AND OVER THE COUNTER B-12.  IS OVER THE COUNTER B-12 STRONG ENOUGH TO HELP ME?  IS HAVING
LOW LEVELS OF B-12 THE SAME AS BEING DEFICIENT?  WOULD YOU RECCOMMEND SHOTS?  WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF RECOVERY?  WOULD A REVERSAL OF THE GASTRIC STAPLING SOLVE THE PROBLEM?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Posted By BillG on June 07, 1999 at 12:26:50
Cathy,
I have information about a woman who went through stapling and over a period of years her health condition declined to the point she almost passed away.  I can send you information on what she did and how she has recoved to almost perfect health if you are interested.  Call me at 1-978-582-3366 and leave your name and number and I will get you the information.  Maybe it is a solution you can also try.

Follow Ups: