Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Re: High SGPT
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Re: High SGPT

Posted By r.see on June 23, 1998 at 09:50:38:

In Reply to: High SGPT posted by R.See on June 23, 1998 at 09:44:12:

I was tested to be positive of Hepatitis B Virus a few years ago. I did not develop jaundice or any other symptoms related to the disease. A few days ago, I had my blood tested all the results appeared with normal range except for SGPT w/ rated 340 w/ is more than 10x the normal range. Alarmed, I had it checked again this morning and the rating is 385. My cholesterol and triglycerides are ok. I had my liver ultrascanned and the result was negative. What could have cause the result to elevate to that level? What other test should I undergo? Does a high SGPT indicate liver damage? Thanks..