Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Red flakes in stool
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Red flakes in stool

I one day noticed that something looked red in my stool. After looking closer it turned out to be a soft red flake of some kind. I'm 24 years old and I do not have a history of any kind of cancer in my family and it does not appear to be blood. It doesn't turn the toilet water a reddish color or anything like that. I have just noticed that from time to time (if I happen to look in the toilet after a bowel movement) I'll notice one of these red flake things mixed in with the stool. The consistency of the flake is soft and pliable and for lack of a better word, sometimes kind of gooey. Is this something that could just simply be a diet thing??