Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Rumbling after eating

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Rumbling after eating
It seems that 90% of the time right after I eat my stomach (lower right quadrant) constantly rumbles and makes a lot of gurgeling noises.  This last probably an hour after I eat.  It doesn't matter if I eat something small or a large meal or spicy or mild.

Lately I've been more hungry than normal.  My routine is: protien shake at 7:30am then a banana around 9:30 then I'm hungray again at 11:30.  I eat lunch at 12:30 then by 4:30 I'm hungry again, but don't eat until 8 p.m. and I wake up starving.

I've gained 10 lbs in 6 months (mostly in the last 3 months).  I can't seem to get filled up.  

My stomach looks like it is bloated all the time.

I'm not sure what is going on.  

I'm 42 1/2 yrs old, weigh 144 lbs and am 5/6".

I'd appreciate any advise you may have.
Hello - thanks for asking your question.

Frequent complaints attributed to gas are abdominal distension and crampy abdominal pain. Such pain may be perceived in areas that the gas may become trapped, such as bends in the colon, which occur naturally in the area under the liver (upper to mid right part of the abdomen), and in the area under the spleen (upper to mid left part of the abdomen).

There are several disorders that are related to increased gas/bloating:

Irritable bowel syndrome
PAJ
The good doctor says IBS , & we don