Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
SEVERE PAIN AFTER EATING
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

SEVERE PAIN AFTER EATING

I have been experiencing severe pain after eating.  My doctor first suspected gallstones.  He scheduled an ultrasound and recommended that I follow a low fat diet until the test.  Two nights ago I woke up in such severe pain that I literally thought I was dying.  I went to the emergency room where the attending doctor gave me pain medication and told me again to folow a very strict diet.  The next day I had a bowl of bran cereal with skim milk and again experienced extreme pain.  At lunch I ate 4 low fat graham crackers and had such a severe attack that I was again in the emergency room.  An ultrasound was performed and showed no stones. Today I had jello for breakfast and for the first time no pain.  Tonight I had two boiled new potatoes and some jello and experienced severe pain.  My concern is that anything I eat causes so much pain.  I am 34 years old,a runner,mother of two,in good health otherwise.  Please give me some idea of the questions to ask my health care provider as I am in a managed health care program.  Also any ideas on what may be causing this pain.
HFHSM.D.-rf
*keywords: abdominal pain