Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
STOMACH SPASMS AND BELCHING
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

STOMACH SPASMS AND BELCHING

Hello

I am a 40 year old woman with some odd symptoms that I can't even find on the internet.  
For the past 2 weeks, my stomach, just below my left rib and toward the sternum, is spasming.  And I bring up soft air,not loud belching, but very softly air comes up frequently through the day.  These symptoms are constant regarless of eating or not.
I have had these symptoms before, but it usually goes away in a couple of days and I disregard it because I do not have pain or bloating.  Just an annoying constant movement of my stomach.

I saw my doctor and he did not run any tests and chalked it up to anxiety and gave me a prescription for Bentyl, which I did not fill.  I don't want to mask my symptoms, I want to know what's wrong and fix it.  I know it's not anxiety, these symptoms are very real and would have been gone by now if it were from nerves. I am very concerned and wish to know if you feel I should see a Gastroenterologist soon.  

The belching and spasms have been present for the past 3 or 4 years, but like I said.  It came and went quickly and I attributed it to something I ate.  I have been eating very lite and healthy foods for the past week now, to see it that would help and it has not.  Is H.Pylori possible?  Ulcer?  Wouldn't I have pain?  

Thankyou for your help.
LCP