Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Severe upper sharpe piercing stomache pains

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

I'm not even sure if "Gastroenterology" is the correct medical area for my situation. (I am a 50 year old female, pretty good health and shape.  Most say I look approx late 30's early 40's.)  For the past two days, I have been experiencing extremely severe sharpe piercing pains within a six inch (crossways) area in the upper-middle quad area of my stomache.  Since last night, the pain has now increased and is hurting constantly with no subsiding.  I don't really notice much difference whether I eat or not at this point, because it hurts all the time and seems to be getting worse.  I'm one of those who hate to run to the Dr's. office unless it's really necessary.  If someone could please give me some advise, I'd really appreciate it.  Thank you, Brenda
You should go on to the doctor sounds like it might be your gallbladder. Best of luck.
I agree - Could be your gall bladder.  Does the pain radiate to your back at all?
Sounds like appendix, i had it one year ago and it sounds just like what i had.

If it is appendix, it could go away, and come back in a week or a month, worse.  people die from burst appendix, do you have insurance, it costs $10k to have removed.
Brenda Jean, your symptoms are just like mine. I'm in my late 20's, quite fit with no health problems ever. Two months ago I found a lump in my groin. My doctor told me it was simply some immuno affect and was nothing to worry about.
Soon afterwards I suffered the most horrendous stomach complaints. As well as the runs,I had a crippling stitch-like pain beneath my ribs and stabbing pains in both my right and left side. Twice I've brought up food I've just eaten but it wasn't vomit; it was as if the food had never been digested.
Just today I've had a very sharp pain going through the centre of my upper abdomen right through to my back. I feel a type of heaviness there too. Friends have suggested gall stones so I'm adopting a low fat diet to combat the problem. As yet I haven't been to the doctor about this. Like you I hate to bother the man.
Please let me know how you get on with  your doctor.
I hope you get well.
Brenda, I'm an old lady, so you don't have to listen
to me, of course, but if you have insurance of any kind,
why wouldn't you go to the doctor?  Your problem could
also be a hiatal hernia... hurts like gangbusters...
go, girl and find out.....