Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Sphincteroplasty
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sphincteroplasty

Hello - I'm scheduled to have surgery on the 18th of March.  The surgery is suppose to take about an hour.  The procedures being done are a Sphincteroplasty and a Perineoplasty.  I was just wondering if anyone visiting this forum has had one or both of these procedures done and if so could give me some insight on what to expect.  I know that I will be hospitalized for a minimum of 3 days and that the recovery time is 4 to 6 weeks.  I also know that the combination of the two are very painful.  Any insight that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time.  Have a GREAT day!
Related Discussions
0 Comments
Blank
I dont even know what those are for....but i sure wish you luck and not too much pain...or at least lots of pain kellers to get you threw it all. and i was afraid of the test down the throat test on march 14......mom i know this has to be hard, especially going into that baseball season....
Blank
mom,

sorry, no info for you but will say a prayer.
good luck

r
Blank
Thank you for your post to offer thoughts and prayers.  I knew I hit a subject that people wouldn't know much about.  But look on the bright side, I'll be an expert when this is over with.  hahahha    Yes it is very hard having surgery on Monday knowing that my son's first JV game is Tuesday.  I have NEVER missed one of his games and I'm going to miss a few of them unfortunately and that makes me very SAD.  I LOVE to watch my son play, it is the highlight of my life.  Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703