Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Stomach Emptying, Rate of

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Stomach Emptying, Rate of
I've read that alcohol emptying from the stomach into the small intestine can vary from 15 minutes to as long as six hours.  The consensus seems to be 30 minutes to 2 hours...but I'm having problems finding good studies on the subject.  I haven't found any that tested BAC after a fatty meal, etc.  What is the time needed, after drinking alcohol on a full stomach of fatty food, for the alcohol to pass through the stomach and be absorbed in the small intestine?