Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Stomach Polyps

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Stomach Polyps

I had an endoscopy done and the doc noted 1 polyp and biopsy my esophagus because of my reflux.  Yesterday, I was all doped up and he tried to explain this to me I am not sure if he said it was of non cancer type or what? Anyway, I am concerned. anyone else have stomach polyps at 38 yo?

Call the Dr back and ask for a better explanation, or better yet ask for a copy of the pathogy reports. Keep asking questions. My sister in laws both have stomach polyps.
I have had stomach polyps for over 15 years.  They have never been Cancerous.  I have had them removed.  However, they keep coming back faster and bigger.  A year ago it was the size of a golf ball. Last November I had part of my stomach removed to try to stop the growth of the polyps.  I just had my stomach scoped and the polyps are back except now instead of just one I have multiple ones and they are all different in shape and size.  I am waiting for the results of the biopsy.  My question is, what are my options?  Always with my polyps, I have discomfort and bleeding so I don't think I can just leave them and removing them doesn't seem to do any good because they just come back.
My doctor discovered that I had stomach polyps 7 1/2 years ago.  I'm now 30 years old.
A related discussion, stomach polyps was started.