Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Stomach Symptoms Bloating No Appetite

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Stomach Symptoms Bloating No Appetite

Ok. I am 32 years old. My symptoms started about 2 and a half days ago.  First off I have been under a ton of stress and anxiety over different issues lately.  On Wednesday I was fine all day until I went to the gym to lift weights(been lifting for years).  I had a really strenuous leg press workout.  During the workout I began to feel little nautious.  I blew it off cause this has happened many times and goes away after workout. It went away.  That night I had a large dinner and began to feel a little nautious and like i was getting a fever.  In the middle of the night i woke up feeling sick to my stomach to the point I felt i would throw up eventhough I did not.  My temperature was 99.8 body ached little.  The next day I felt nautious , bloated and lack of appetite.  My temp was 99.8.  That night I woke up in middle of night with same sick feeling but didnt throw up.  The next day, yesterday I had no fever but still felt bloated and had no appetite. I went to dr. and he gave me antacid precrip. and gas x.  I have taken yesterday and today and still i feel bloated and full all the time.  My stomach even looks bigger and i havent been eating and I have no appetite.  I am forcing myself to eat.I am worried to death about this.  My stools have been normal everyday as well.  Could this be stress/anxiety? Cancer? Could i have done something working out? I worry about it constantly.  what should i do? what do you think?thank you.
Nausea can be caused by a variety of conditions, including infection, GERD, an ulcer, or other upper GI disorders.

An upper endoscopy or upper GI series is recommended at this point.  If there is concern about cancer, the endoscopy should be done.  

I would also check blood tests looking for H Pylori, which is associated with ulcers or inflammation.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
Also, I wanted to add that the bloating i have occurs in my belly button area and not below breastbone/stomach area.  How long can bloating last? Could i have gotten some kind of virus?
Don't let the stress of this situation get to you.  Keep watching and make sure your drinking lots of water.  It is no fun having a blotted stomach.  With my H.pylori situation I learned that I needed to take additional HCL (acid pills) as a supplement to my system.  That is how H.pylori gets started when your stomach acid is not strong enough to kill it off.  You could have a little food poisoning that will pass with some digestive problems.  If you can, get yourself a Bristol Stool Chart and a Toiletta toilet tool so that you can provide good information to your medical professional.  The tool will help you notice any changes in your digestive condition, and will help you monitor your diet.  Remember, fiber and water is most important.  I hope this is an encouragement.
my mom is now having a hard stomach aches and now her temperature is almost 40 degree Celcius. i noticed also that her stomach get a litle bigger than it use to be. prior to that she also lose her apetite.and peeing all the time. what can we do? is this a symptoms of liver problem? please help me..do i have to bring her now in the hospital?
A related discussion, stomach bloating w/ pain was started.