Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Stomach Wth Headache pain at the same time

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

My Daughter (11) has been complaining for ther last three monthsd of tummy pains(At th belly button and both sides going left & right down at an angle.

She always complain of head & Colon pains and they alway work together.  Nothing seem to help.

Please help us figure out the pain.  We have tried IB medicine ahd thei did not work. we tried Anti diressants. and ony knocked her out.

Please we need help.

John hrubo
072-956=0264
Difficult to say without examination.  The upper abdominal pain can be evaluated with an ultrasound as well as an upper endoscopy.  This can evaluate for things like GERD, inflammation of the upper digestive tract, as well as the liver and gallbladder.  

The headache can be evaluated with a head CT as well as a referral to a neurologist.

I am not aware of a disease that can link the symptoms.  

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
http://www.straightfromthedoc.com
has she tried GAS-X to neutralise the gas?
In an acid reflux,gas can come up to her face and head .
I am not a doctor but would like to make a comment with some experience of similar pain i had. We have sheets called facia that wrap around our body from head to foot like seran wrap. They hold our tendons ligaments together and wrap around our organs. If there is any duress in our body it will tighten and cause cramping. Because it is from head to toe she may be experiencing a head ache because of the stomach area being under duress. Get her liver enzyme levels checked which im not so sure your doctor will have tests for that, but a herbal practitioner would. Secondly does she have any digestive disorders, if she is overly acidic or not enough acid in her stomach to digest food. With a squeezed lemon mixed in water would show that. If the pain gets worse she has too much acid if not she has too little. Some things to look at. Fresh flax seeds soaked in water over night would take away an ulser. Or just too much acid. But over all i wanted to say that Calcim and magnesium liquid in a bottle at the health store should relax her facia in the mean time till you can do some research as to what is wrong. It will relax her and Drugs usually only cause more duress on the liver kidneys and stomach which in turn makes the body more tence. Good luck!
The Vagus nerve will cause stomach and headache at the same time!
I have that, been having migraines for about a year...no cause.  The other day I doped up on h2 blockers for a test and the headache decresed 70%.  The headache doctor is one of the best that I saw and he said he heard of it but it was so rare I would be in the medical journals.

I hears cheyanne pepper is suposed to help but not a doctor , don't want to make things worse.
Whenever I get migranes (migraines), I also have stomach upset.  She could be having migranes (migraines).  When I have a migrane (migraine), I take two Tylenol PMs.  It is the only thing that makes it go away, but it ALWAYS makes it go away.  If she is old enough you may consider trying that.  When I told a doc once that Tylenol PM made my migrane (migraine) go away, she said she wasnt surprised because the pain medication they give in emergency rooms for severe migranes (migraines) is similar to the sleeping pill ingredient.  Good luck,
I have headache for days and my docter tells me that the acid is going to my head but yet when i read everyone letter nobody talks about headache with Acid Reflux
I have been diagnosed with Acid reflux and am taking Acidfex to reduce the production of the acid. I get bad headaches that asperin doesn't cure. My doctor said to use Tylenol, which I tried but it also doesn't work. My headache gets worse when laying down. My throat also hurts when I lay down, which is the acid coming up the esophogus, but also seems to be related to my headache. I feel pain in my intestines and pushing my fingers around that region seems to affect the headache, but not make it go away. I am schedules to get a scope of my esophogus this week and see what damage there is. In the meantime, I must keep taking the proton pump blocker pills, but I hate the headache with no relief.
A related discussion, burning sensation was started.
A related discussion, Stomach acid that leads to migraine was started.
A related discussion, first head ache than stomach pains was started.
A related discussion, headache n stomach ache was started.
The worst headaches I would get is when the food I ate just wouldn't digest. The headache went away only once the food came back out thorough my mouth.   I have suffered from this for years.  I recently became a vegetarian in a desperate attempt to stop this and so far it is working.