Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Stomach pain, constant throbbing and pulsating feeling throughout the b...

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Stomach pain, constant throbbing and pulsating feeling throughout the body.

I am running out of options here. I've tested blood, stools for parasites, upper gi, colonoscopy, endoscopy, ultrasound, CAT scan and yet they all come back negative. I suffer with diarrhea on a daily basis. The lower right stomach region is somewhat tender. Any pressure on the region causes discomfort. When lying down it makes loud noises similar to the noises your stomach makes when you are hungry. It's actually gas building up because I feel bloated and have excessive gas. I have this constant throbbing and pulsating sensation throughout my body but especially in that lower right region that hinders me from sleeping properly. I am always tired, feel stressed and somewhat fatigued. I have no energy or zeal to do anything or go anywhere anymore. My Dr. thought it was Chrohn's or colitis but he himself seems somewhat baffled. I tried taking Asacol for 2 months. Helped a little with the diarrhea but no drastic change. I feel upset nauseous while eating, after eating and while excreting but I never throw up. Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone had similar symptoms? I am only 23 and this has me very depressed. Can anyone help or provide any information on what I can do or what can help me?
What kind of doc is your doc who is somewhat baffled? Is he or she a SPECIALIST GASTRO-INTESTINAL DOC?

Even if yes, it sounds like you need different, BETTER specialist docs!

What foods & beverages do you eat? What meds are you on? Are you exposed to any toxic chemicals? Do you think you have any kind of infection? Have you been injured? Have you had any kind of surgery, where you may have a complication? Any allergies to foods?

Have you been tested for Celiac Disease? (a gluten intolerance)

Do you have a lactose (milk-sugar) intolerance?

What is your gut feeling about what's going on?

I'm sure others will share their ideas with you soon. Don't give up!

Sincerely,
Concerned lady
http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com

P.S. I'll post some GASTRIC REFLUX TIPS for you, in case you might find some ideas from them, about what might be going on with you. What you have may be something else entirely, or, it might be mentioned in the "tips", or, it may be more than one thing.
Some GASTRIC REFLUX TIPS (without acid blockers):

GER=Gastro-Esophageal Reflux. (Gastro=stomach. Esophagus=food tube.)

LPR= Laryngeal-Pharyngeal Reflux. (Larynx=voice box, containing the 2 vocal cords. Pharynx=throat, above the larynx. The larynx is above the trachea/windpipe.)

Reflux=acidic or alkaline stomach material that backs up into the esophagus (food tube), causing any of these problems: VCD/Vocal Cord Dysfunction/Laryngospasm attacks, cough, voice problems, asthma, globus (feeling of lump in throat), constant need to clear throat, worsening of sinus condition, sore throat, pre-cancerous conditions of throat &/or esophagus, etc.

SOME GER/LPR CONTROL THINGS WE DO, that we learned from the excellent book: STOMACH AILMENTS AND DIGESTIVE DISTURBANCES, by Michael T. Murray, N.D. See page 9, References, in my website: http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com   and, also see GER/LPR info on page 5, and on LINKS page.

PLEASE READ THIS GREAT BOOK. It may possibly be bought on-line, from Michael T. Murray
Hi I have been having similar symptoms since Feb. but mine started with a fainting episode and just feeling lousy since then with maybe a good day once in a while. I have seen 2 Dr.'s and both say they think it's anxiety/panic disorder.....I know how frustrating it is. However my OB/GYN  gave me an ultrasounhd and found that I have 2 cysts on one ovary (had a cyst out 8 years ago on same side) and on the other side there is a mass that appears to be fluid filled in my tube....and he wants to remove the tubes....but said if I want anymore children I can do invitro. I asked if this could be causing all my problems and he said it is possible. My stomach swells up off and on and I have even been asked when I'm due............so I say "due for what" LOL kinda stuns the people who ask......so I don't know if I was of any help, feel free to email me  ***@****
Kellieb ... don't let anyone cut anything until you have had at least 2 other doctors take a look at it. My wife was suffering from a swelling below her belly button everytime she took a long walk or lifted heavy weights. Her ob/gyn told her she needed an invasive type of exam where cameras where inserted into her to look at her insides. In the process he punctured her uterus. In the end he found nothing. She went to another doctor and he prescribed a vaginal gel and within three days she was fine and never again has the problem come back. So, my advice is most doctors are quacks and don't let em touch you until at least 3 of those quacks can agree on the problem and more importantly, the solution. Wish you the best.