Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Stomach spams, increased hunger, tiredness
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Stomach spams, increased hunger, tiredness

I am a twenty-something female - symptoms began about a week ago.  Severe stomach muscle spasms - feels like someone is twisting a towel back and forth in my stomach.  I've also experienced feelings of tiredness and achiness.  The spasms wake me up at night....initially, I thought they were hunger pangs but they continue even after I eat.  This leaves me feeling hungry all day.  How long should I let this persist before I see a doctor? Is there any over-the counter treatment that you recommend?  Bowel movements have been normal.

Thank you.