Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Stomach

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Stomach

Is there such a thing as a stomach transplant? I ask because my mother had more than half of her stomach taken due to ulcers, and now that she is older, she is always in constant pain. She was told that nothing can be done for her. and they gave her perscription zantac.
Thank you very much, Yello
I've never heard of a stomach transplant but I am certainly not an expert in the medical profession either.  If Zantac doesn't seem to be doing the trick for your Mom, see if they can prescribe something else.  Does she have heartburn or does her stomach just hurt?  If she has heartburn which causes her stomach to hurt, maybe they can let her try Nexium.  In my opinion it is the best prescription drug on the market today for heartburn.  Just a suggestion.  I hope your Mom finds some relief soon.  I certainly feel her pain. :(
I LOOKED UP STOMACH TRANSPLANT AND THIS IS WHAT I CAME UP WITH. THE STOMACH IS NOT A AMENABLE TO TRANSPLANTATION ON IT'S OWN BUT IT IS POSSIBLE TO SURVIVE WITH OUT A STOMACH AND LEAD A RELATIVELY NORMAL LIFE .IT WENT ON TO SAY THE FAMOUS STOCK CAR DRIVER RICHARD PETTY HAD HIS REMOVED .DO NOT HOLD ME TO THIS I JUST FOUND IT ON THE WEB .BUT I HAVE ALSO SPOKEN TO MY DIGESTIVE SPECIALEST AND HE CONFIRMED IN A CONFERSATION WE HAD SOME TIME BACK THAT REMOVING THE STOMACH IS NOT A UNCOMON SURGERY AND SOME PEOPLE DO QUITE WELL WITH OUT IT AND SOME HAVE  PROBLEMS.TO FIND THE WEB PAGE JUST PUT STOMACH TRANSPLANT IN YOUR SERCH BOX IF THAT DOESN'T WORK GO TO YOUR ADDRESS BAR AND TYPE THE SAME CLICK GO AND IT SHOULD PULL IT UP FOR YOU THE PAGE YOU WANT SHOULD BE THE FIRST SLECTION  NO.1.GOOD LUCK
your mother may get relief by going to a nutritionalist he can put her on a special diet and also a few supplements to help heal whats left of the stomach.proper diet is the most important issue when your dealing with stomach prolems.hope your mother feels better soon.