Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Stone in pancreas

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Stone in pancreas

My sister having a trmendous pain in stomach due to stone in pancreas. Pls suggest me, what should i do.
The pancreas is a very sensitive organ most doctors are afraid of doing anything in or even aroung the duct leading to the pancreas. You should have your sister go to her G.I. doc or get one who is very good & comfortable doing ERCP. They can go down with a scope & try to remove the stone if it is in the duct. I am not to sure if they will go into the pancreas or not. I had a gallstone removed from my bile duct & I indured pancreatitis after this procedure. But my doc told me that they don't like to mess with the pancreas. Hope this can help your sister.
Dear Sir,
This is to bring in your attention that Menaka R/o Lucknow, Utttar Pradesh, INDIA is diagnosed as the patient of Chronic Calcific Pancreatic. Her detailed reports are attached with this letter. I request you to kindly go through the reports and suggest the line of treatment for further management of the disease and if specialised management (i.e. specialised surgery) is requested then please suggest one the best contact Dr. and the institute for her. I will be highly obliged.

Ultrasound upper abdomen:
Liver is normal in size with homogeneous parenchyma.
Intrahepatic biliary radicals are not dilated. No Focal mass seen.
Gall Blader is normal in size, shape and position. Lumen is anechoic.
G B Walls are not thickened.
CBD is normal.
Pancreas is showing multiple cacified shadows in head with irregulasrly dialted pancreatic duct. Duct size is 6-8 mms.
Parenchymal thickness anterior to duct is 5.3 mms and posterior to duct is 5.9 mms. The echotexture is inhomogeneous. Peripancreatic plains are partially obliterated.
Spleen is normal in size with homogeneous Parenchymal echotexture.
Right kidney is normal in size, normal in shape and position. Parenchyma echogenecity normal. CMJ normal.
Central sinus echoes not split.
Left kidney is normal in size, normal in Shape and position. Parenchymal echogenecity increased. CMJ normal.
Central sinus echoes normal.
No Fluid seen in peritonial cavity.
Retroperitonium is normal.
OPINION : Ceronic calcified pancreatitis with dilated p.d. cause ducial calculus 5-6 mms.

Blood Report

SGPT 74.0 i.e.
Blood Group 'B' Positive
HB 13.0
TLC 1600
Blood Sugar
F 92 mg%
PP1 114 mg
PP2 105mg
A related discussion, Multiple stones in pancreas was started.
A related discussion, stone in pancrease was started.
A related discussion, Pancreas stone was started.
A related discussion, Pancreatic Duct Dilation was started.