Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Strange feelings in chest and back pain

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Strange feelings in chest and back pain

I am 52 years old.  Had ultra sound on liver, spleen, lungs, pancreas.  Be in hospital with a-fib.  Found no heart problems.  I am 125 lbs overweight and still gaining 1/2 to 1 lb a week.  I have strange feelings in stomach up through chest then a spot on the left side of back under shoulder blade hurts (even when you touch it).  I have a knot under left breast that swells and gets hard.  Had test run. Shows nothing. CAN ACID REFLUX CAUSE YOUR BACK TO HURT? Also neck, jaw and shoulders hurt.  Had so many EKG's it's not funny.  They should up fine.  Had heart cath 5 years ago.  It was fine.  Blood pressure and colestrol are great.  In pain all the time and very tired.  What have I got?  Please help and may God bless.
I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ACID REFLUX DISEASE. I DO GET QUITE A BIT OF BACK PAIN AND I KNOW EXACTLY THE AREA YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. ALONG WITH THESE SYMPTOMS I ALSO HAVE CHEST PAIN, FLUTTERING, NAUSEA AND VOMITING. HAD EXTENSIVE CARDIAC WORK UP AND MY HEART IS FINE. I AM CONCVINCED THAT ACID REFLUX CAN DEFINATELY CAUSE ALOT OF VERY UNPLEASANT SYMPTOMS. I HAVE TRIED NUMEROUS MEDS AND CANNOT TOLERATE THE SIDE EFFECTS. SO, YOU ARE NOT GOING CRAZY, KEEP AFTER IT AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A DR. WHO REALLY LISTENS TO YOU. GOOD LUCK!
Thank you for your comments.  I feel as though I am going crazy.  Thank you.
Did you have an ultrasound on your gallbladder, not as common in men but tenderness under the left shoulder blad is a giveaway.
Hi Everyone,
The symptoms u have listed sound very much like mine, and like u the medics say that my heart is just fine. Does anyone find that they get palpitations when drinking and find breathing vaguely uncomfortable? I feel as if the dull pain/sensation in my chest, that is associated with the above symptoms, also effects my whole nervous system causing poor co-ordination and even poor concentration!

Has anyone else found similar problems with GERD?

Thanx and hopeeveryone is feeling well
You said tenderness under the LEFT shoulder blade was a giveaway for gallbladder trouble.  I have had pain for 6 years under my left shoulder blade and in the left side of my chest.  For the last year the pain has gotten worse.  I have thought about the gallbladder but all the "doctors" I've seen says you have to have pain in the right shoulder for it to be your gallbladder.   I would like to know where you got the information.  I had an ultrasound on my gallbladder a few days ago and was told that I have sludge in my gallbladder and that it is nothing to worry about. I've read other people's stories and it seems that sludge could be a problem.  Does anyone know what to do about sludge in the gallbladder? I am in constant pain, sometimes it is almost unbearable.  It seems like the pain gets worse when I am under extreme stress.  Thank you