Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Swollen, tender stomach related to haital hernia or removal of gall bla...
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Swollen, tender stomach related to haital hernia or removal of gall bladder?

  For over a year, I had stomach problems, mostly swollen, tender in upper stomach.  Diagnosed with small haital hernia.  In March 1998, had emergency gallbladder removal (standard invasive operation).  Now stomach even worse.  Very tender just above and below waist on right side.  Cannot wear panties, panty hose, skirts or anything around waist.  Must wear muumuus.  Will this go away or what can I do to make it go away.  Tenderness and swolleness at all times when upright.  No problem as all with swolleness when lying down, though tenderness is every present.  Thank you for any help at all.
Dear dj,
The pain that you are currently experiencing may be related to gastroesophageal reflux disease and hiatal hernia, adhesions (scar tissue) secondary to recent surgery, postcholycystectomy syndrome (pain after gallbladder surgery), retained common bile duct stones, pancreatitis or peptic ulcer disease. It sounds like you should have further evaluation and testing by a gastroenterologist to exclude these conditions. Good luck to you.
This response is being provided for general informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice or consultation. Always check with your personal physician when you have a question pertaining to your health.
If you would like to be seen at our institution please call 1-800-653-6568 our Referring Physicians' Office and make an appointment to see Dr. Muszkat, one of our experts in Gastroenterology.
*Keywords: abdominal pain, differential diagnosis
Related Discussions


Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
Jan 27 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank