Swollen ankles and feet
For some time now I have suffered from swollen ankles and feet.  If I push my finger down on them it leaves a dent.  My doctor has told me there is nothing they can do.  It is beginning to get me down because it looks so awful.  I am overweight and am at present dieting.  Any suggestions from anyone would be gratefully received.  Thank you.
Hey... No worries. You're not alone. I've been dealing with water rention from the belly to my toes for the last 4 years. Once discovered that I was gaining water not fat my doctors immediatly put me on a combination of 2 diuretics - I dropped 47lbs in 5 days.I still retain water especially in my calves and there are side effects to the medication as there are with every drug however without them I don't know what I would do. Ask your doctor about novo-spirnolactone and furosemide; I'm on both. Hope this helps cause I know how uncomfortable it is.
You need to insist on having "Blood work done" to check out your "Liver!". I have the same problem and it has taken me 10 months and "3" doctors to finally find out it is my "Liver!"
Now I am trying to get in to see a good liver doctor!
"Cosmo"
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?