Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Swollen ankles and feet

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Swollen ankles and feet
For some time now I have suffered from swollen ankles and feet.  If I push my finger down on them it leaves a dent.  My doctor has told me there is nothing they can do.  It is beginning to get me down because it looks so awful.  I am overweight and am at present dieting.  Any suggestions from anyone would be gratefully received.  Thank you.
Hey... No worries. You're not alone. I've been dealing with water rention from the belly to my toes for the last 4 years. Once discovered that I was gaining water not fat my doctors immediatly put me on a combination of 2 diuretics - I dropped 47lbs in 5 days.I still retain water especially in my calves and there are side effects to the medication as there are with every drug however without them I don't know what I would do. Ask your doctor about novo-spirnolactone and furosemide; I'm on both. Hope this helps cause I know how uncomfortable it is.
You need to insist on having "Blood work done" to check out your "Liver!". I have the same problem and it has taken me 10 months and "3" doctors to finally find out it is my "Liver!"
Now I am trying to get in to see a good liver doctor!
"Cosmo"