Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Swollen ankles and feet
For some time now I have suffered from swollen ankles and feet.  If I push my finger down on them it leaves a dent.  My doctor has told me there is nothing they can do.  It is beginning to get me down because it looks so awful.  I am overweight and am at present dieting.  Any suggestions from anyone would be gratefully received.  Thank you.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hey... No worries. You're not alone. I've been dealing with water rention from the belly to my toes for the last 4 years. Once discovered that I was gaining water not fat my doctors immediatly put me on a combination of 2 diuretics - I dropped 47lbs in 5 days.I still retain water especially in my calves and there are side effects to the medication as there are with every drug however without them I don't know what I would do. Ask your doctor about novo-spirnolactone and furosemide; I'm on both. Hope this helps cause I know how uncomfortable it is.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
You need to insist on having "Blood work done" to check out your "Liver!". I have the same problem and it has taken me 10 months and "3" doctors to finally find out it is my "Liver!"
Now I am trying to get in to see a good liver doctor!
"Cosmo"
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?