Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
TO JOHN W.

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

TO JOHN W.

John.  I have never been on steroids.  All I am taking is klonooin and zoloft.  I brush my tongue when I brush my teeth.  I just don't understand it and my dr. doesn't have an answer either.
1 Comment
well you can add me to the list of people who are stumped!!!

As I mentioned, try not to worry that much...what meds were prescribed? Have they worked? If they have (i.e. you're symptom free) then just chalk it up to what we call 'unknown etiology.'
this means that we are not sure what the underlying cause was...we know that there was an overgrowth of fungus in your throat (everyone has some level of fungus), but what caused the overgrowth...you may never be certain.

Hope you're feeling better,
JOHN W.
Thank you so much for your patience with me.  I know I've been a pain in the butt!!  They gave me Diflucan for 3 weeks and so far so good.  I have been taking on my own, Acidophillus.  Maybe that will help the flora balance.  Thanks again,  Debbie