TO JOHN W.
John.  I have never been on steroids.  All I am taking is klonooin and zoloft.  I brush my tongue when I brush my teeth.  I just don't understand it and my dr. doesn't have an answer either.
well you can add me to the list of people who are stumped!!!

As I mentioned, try not to worry that much...what meds were prescribed? Have they worked? If they have (i.e. you're symptom free) then just chalk it up to what we call 'unknown etiology.'
this means that we are not sure what the underlying cause was...we know that there was an overgrowth of fungus in your throat (everyone has some level of fungus), but what caused the overgrowth...you may never be certain.

Hope you're feeling better,
JOHN W.
Thank you so much for your patience with me.  I know I've been a pain in the butt!!  They gave me Diflucan for 3 weeks and so far so good.  I have been taking on my own, Acidophillus.  Maybe that will help the flora balance.  Thanks again,  Debbie
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?