Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Tenderness in Abdomen

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Tenderness in Abdomen

Hello - hoping someone can help me. I am a 31 yr. old female. I have a tender area in my abdomen when pressing only. It is about 1" above the navel and about 3-4" across. I had the flu about a month ago and went to my dr. Much vomiting, etc. He happened to press this area and discovered it was sore at that time. He mentioned that sometimes appendicitis starts in the middle then moves down to the right, and if it got worse to go back. I thought it was just my stomach muscles from heaving, but he said "no" and that was it.

I was there last week for a refil on atenolol (for an arrhythmia, SVT) and he asked if my stomach was better and I said yes. Well in the car on the way home I pressed on it and it IS still sore! I'll make an appt. next week, but meanwhile I'm wondering what could this be? I had no idea it was still sore. I'm worried about this and am wondering if anyone has any ideas for me. What organs are there?

PS - I hope this is the right forum... Thank you in advance.
sorry to here of your pain! if u find anything out can u let me know? i have the same pain! i have had scope done to look at stomach and my stomach lining was really infected ! but they didnt explain why it was so sore just to touch that area! good luck 2 u! keep in touch!

sincerely, tired of pain
Try getting checked for H-Pylori, as well as stomach inflammation (gastritis)? Both of these will cause those symptoms. This is what happened with me. You really need a gastroenterologist, not a GP.
Your gall bladder, pancreas, stomach.  They are all located around this area.  Ultra Sound would show alot of your concerns.