Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
The same bad odor on outer vaginal area, underarm and feces

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Hi Doctor, I have a problem I've been suffering with for a couple of months.  It started out the an unpleasant bowel odor, it smells like a coppery chicken soup smell. A month later my vagina smells the same way.  The inside of my vagina smells normal, it's the outside area around the sides & opening. I went to my OB/GYn and he said it was my sweat glands and to shave the hair around that area.  Also, I'm about 70 lbs overweight, so I sweat down there a lot. I shaved that area and I take a shower and twice a day. I've started using vagisil a deordorant powder on that area and the smell is and sweat is not there for the first few hours then it appears again.  Recently, I went a few hours without putting on deordorant and I noticed my underarm has the same smell.  I was taking iron pill because I'm anemic and I though that may have something to do with it, so I stopped taking them for 2 weeks and the smell is still there and never went away. Also, after sex there's a foul odor that stays with me for a couple of days, no matter how many soaks in the bath I take.  My Doctor says I don't have any vaginal problems. That it's a sweat gland problem.  What am I supposed to do? My bowel movement smells the same way everytime. Is it something in my Kidneys. At first I thought it was probably my urine that made my vagina smell and that maybe whatever is going with my Kidney was passing through both my urine and bowels.  Please help!
Difficult to say without examination.  If vaginal problems have been excluded by the GYN, there are other options.

Sweat glands can provide an environment for a variety of infections - either fungal or bacterial.  If there are cysts in the area, this can be treated with an antibacterial cream like Clindamycin.  Fungal infections can be treated with an appropriate fungal cream.  

End-stage kidney disease is associated with a smell (similar to urine).  A blood test to evaluate kidney function can be done to evaluate for this.

Regarding the sweat, you can obtain a thyroid blood test to evaluate for any thyroid conditions that can lead to overactive sweat glands.  

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
http://www.straightfromthedoc.com
I would suggest you do a colon cleanse, and definitely get started on a probiotic. What you have inside your body is showing itself on the outside in the form of bad odors.Are you itchy at all on any part of your body? If yes, then a systemic yeast infection may be your problem. This is caused by overuse of antibiotics, birth control pills, a too sugary diet, and many more destructive things we do to our bodies. What you are smelling is coming from your sweat which comes from your sweat glands. Personally I don't believe anything is wrong with your sweat glands, you have a toxic body.
A related discussion, foul odor pubic and underarm was started.
A related discussion, vaginal ulers on opening was started.
A related discussion, bad smell from under butt area was started.