Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Thin Stool.. One day use of bathroom.

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Thin Stool.. One day use of bathroom.
I'm Holly and I've recently been suffering with gas in public.. or a feeling of urgency when out in public to use the restroom. When I get to the rest, nothing happens. But now, I'm on Paxil, and I don't use the restroom until Saturday.. always Saturday. My family has this taco's on Friday night thing, greasy hamburger, so I guess that's making me go on Sat. but.. I don't go at all during the week. When I do go, it takes me about 20 minutes or more to feel a little bit of relief, and my stool's are very thin. No rectal bleeding is occuring though. I need anyone's advice or help now.

***@****

-holly

thank you.
This could be something as simple as not having enough fiber in your diet, or it could be irritable bowel syndrom.  Irritable bowel syndrom causes constipation alternating with diarreah, as well as the thin stools.  The thin stool is caused from area's of your colon going into spasm.  If you're worried, go to your doc.  They could perform a colonoscopy or a sigmoidoscopy to rule out any worries that you may have, and even find the cause.  You don't said you don't have blood in your stool, but you didn't mention if you have mucus or not.  Mucus can be another sign of irritable bowel syndrom.  hope i've helped!
katie
A related discussion, Irritable bowel was started.