Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Thin or flat stools
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Thin or flat stools

Hello,
I am a male, age 30, and I had a colonoscopy 14 months ago and it revealed one benign "villous" polyp. It was removed and the gastroenterologist said nothing else was found.
6 months ago, my doctor found an anal lesion. He was not very concerned about it and perscribed something that would heal it. So I used up the perscription and that was the last I've thought of it.  

Since my colonoscopy I have had some irritable sensations in my stomach or colon and I have 2-3 bowel movements per day. I drink coffee in the morning then usually have a bowel movement and then breakfast. I get the irritable/upset feeling after breakfast.

Lately I have noticed some pretty thin stools when I have a bowel movement. Maybe once a week as far as I have observed. They are probably about 1/2 to 3/4 inches thin, and even rectangular in shape. Perhaps considered "flat." They are not very slick stools in texture, but look more normal in texture.

I am very worried that this could mean colon/rectal cancer so I am scheduled to go for another colonoscopy in 3 weeks. Do these rectangular, long, thin stools defintely mean cancer? Any other possibilitites of something that could have developed over the past 14 months?  

Thank you very much.