Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
To Giggy

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

To Giggy

Hi Giggy,
Saw your post.  Were you taking a PPI before?  If you were how long were you taking it before you discontinued it?  
Did you have to follow a specific procedure for withdrawing from it so you wouldn't get the acid reboudn effects?
MLS
1 Comment
Yes, I had been taking Aciphex 20 mg for about 2 years.  Prior to that I had taken Prilosec, Axid, Sucrafate & Previcid.  At the time I got off of Aciphex, I just stopped it.  My GI doctor had told me that if I ever got off of it that I should taper off but I forgot. I burped all day long and every time that I would burp, my throat would burn.  I read Concerned Lady's post on natural alternatives.  I had been real interested in the nature approach already but didn't know what to try.  The DGL is suppose to heal the esophagas and the Slippery Elm Lozenges sooth the raw throat.  I also got myself a juicer and make myself fresh carrot juice every day.  This gives you beta-carotene which turns in Vitamin A.  Vitamin A aids in combating excess acid and enhances the immune function.

I go to an M.D. that also practices some alternative medicine.  He put me on all organic foods because of all the chemicals and additives (I have alot of allergies).  He has me on some amino acids and C to boost my immune system and I am improving.

Hope some of this can be of some help to you.