Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Umbilical fistula

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Umbilical fistula

My doctor told me that I have an umbilical fistula, and sent me to see a surgeon.  Does anyone know what this is, what type of surgery is availible, or if it is indicative of cancer?  I am a 25 year old male, and there is nto much info out there on this.  

Josh
1 Comment
Avatar n tn

My doctor told me that I have an umbilical fistula, and sent me to see a surgeon. Does anyone know what this is, what type of surgery is availible, or if it is indicative of cancer? I am a 25 year old male, and there is nto much info out there on this.

Hello
I had surgery And yes It helped at the time but it is back again. Yes I do hurt from this. Im so sorry you are hurting I know the feeling.  They check me when I had the surgery and they didn't fine any cancer. And I hope to god I don't get it. ( cancer)   God Bless you and good luck.. JMoore
A related discussion, Umbilical fistula was started.