Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Undigested food in stool along with diarrhea

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

I have a lot of undigested food in my stool, which is mostly loose.  It's usually vegetables, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, lettuce.  I also have quite a bit of gas and some bloating.  Additionally I get crampy pain in my left abdomen above the hip which sometimes radiates to the back and hip.  Any ideas what could be causing this?
Could be a number of things.   Could be anything from a food allergy to something more serious.   Go get it checked out - and don't let them tell you its all in your head.   In the meantime, you might be able to counter the gas and bloating with an antiflatulent.   And you might be able to bulk up your stool with psyllium (Metamucil, that kind of thing) so they're not as loose.   Also, try and chew your food more so that you're getting as much nutrition as you can.   Good luck.