Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Very Bloated Stomach for 6 weeks
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Very Bloated Stomach for 6 weeks

I had a couple of days with the flu. I had stomach pain and weakness for 2-3 days. I had 4 very loose stools. After being sick I totally noticed my stomach terrible distended. Now, after 6 weeks and a normal ultrasound, cat scan and colonoscopy, I still look like I am 4 or 5 months pregnant. I was very gassy and belchy for a week after the flu and now I belch extremely. I did this past week have some horribly sour reflux. I have lost weight because my stomach feels very uncomfortable if I eat my usual well sized portions. I have tried avoiding dairy. Now I am taking the meds for lactose intolerance. I took the presc. aciphex and had no relief of symptoms. I am going to have a scope down the throat to check that end of my body. Do you have any idea why this would be happening to me?
Actually the colonoscopy showed spasms in my colon. So, the doctor said to take metamucial and see if that helps. I really didn't go in because of stool problems though. If you have any ideas about my symptoms, please let me know. I don't have pain. Just a extreme feeling of fullness in my stomach after I eat and drink at complete meal.
Thank you.
Lisa Ilgen
lisa_marj***@****