Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Vitamin or Minerals for Stomach and Bowel Problems
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Vitamin or Minerals for Stomach and Bowel Problems

I have had my share of stomach and bowel problems over the years and medicines do not seem to help they just make me sicker.
  Is there any vitamin or minerals that I can take to help me. I have cut back on fats and caffine.
  Thank You!
Dear Mindy,
Many vitamins and minerals have been used as chemopreventative agents but they are not usually used to treat stomach
ailments. For example, it has been shown that eating a diet high in fruits and vegetables (vitamin C) can be protective against
stomach cancer or that a diet high in folic acid may protect against the development of colon cancer. Vitamin and mineral
supplements are usually recommended in patients who are not eating a healthy, balanced diet or in patients who are deficient in
a particular vitamin or mineral.You have not elaborated on the symptoms that you are currently experiencing, but you may
benefit from further evaluation and testing should they persist.
This response is being provided for general informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice or
consultation. Always check with your personal physician when you have a question pertaining to your health.
HFHSM.D.-ym
*Keywords: vitamins, minerals, stomach problems