Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Weird Coating on Tongue after upset stomach
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Weird Coating on Tongue after upset stomach

Last night I had an upset stomach. All I had to eat/drink that day was tonic water (straight no alchol), some coconut shrimp, salad, and chicken fajitas with guacamoli, sour creme and a little cheese. I tend to have a sensitive stomach so this was not unusual. I usually do not take anything for it but a friend offered me pepto-bismal tablets and I took two. It helped a little and I went home brushed my teeth and went to bed. When I woke up this morning I had this light black coating on my tongue and a little back on where my wisdom teeth are coming in (it almost looks like mold). When I brushed my tongue it came off pretty easy but I would still like to know what it is from or if it is even related to my upset stomach. I do not have medical insurance and when I called the hospital they were no help.