What Are The Effects...???

What are the effects of an elevated GGT level?  I have had GGT levels of over 500 for well over a year.  I am currently being diagnosed, but am wondering what damage the elevated levels could cause to liver.
______________
dear Sherry Jackson,
There are no adverse effects of an increase of GGT per se.  The elvated GGT indicates either that there is blockage of the bile ducts or liver cells are either leaking or dying.  Determination of the specific cause will require additional blood tests and either liver biopsy or visualization of the bile ducts.  
The symptoms associated with the elevated GGT are those associated with the underlying condition e.g. jaundice, dark urine, light colored stool, abdominal pain, and fever/chills, to mention some of the symptoms.
This information is presented for educational purposes only.  Always consult your personal physician for specific medical questions.
HFHSM.D.-rf
*keywords: liver test
0.3

A related discussion, Is stress the reason for my acute intermittent Sx of IBS. was started.