Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
What avenues should be explored next.
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What avenues should be explored next.

I seem to have a progression of symptoms that have developed over the last couple of years but have been unable to get a satifactory explanation. Initial symptoms were the occasional severe cramping and need for a bowel movement after injesting large meals and heartburn occasionaly The frequency increased over about a year. Last summer while moving my daughter into her dorm I experienced the sudden onset of exteme fatigue and nausea that lasted a couple of days before mostly going away. I proceeded to have a physical from my PCP and requested a colonoscopy, mostly because of my age (53). The occasional upset after eating continued but my energy level stayed a little low. In March after a week long bout with a respiratory bug (lung congestion and dry cough) The exteme fatigue and nausea returned and my stools became looser and orange/yellow. I visited my PCP again who orderd extensive blood work (normal) Endoscopy, Abdominal Ultrasound and Abdominal CAT. All showed no problems with the exception of "rashy look" to stomach lining in places. I was precribed Nexium for reflux and told that should take care of it and not to worry about it. The indigestion is reduced, the nausea is reduced but now my back is sore most of the time,I get a little lightheaded  and I've lost about 10 lbs. Probably from loss of appetite from the nausea, but still disconcerting. Some days I don't feel too bad but most I'm tired to can't hardly go. I've never had any illness other than colds and flu and maybe just am not dealing with this well but I feel my Dr. and The Gastroenterologist might not be connecting the dots. Any thoughts?